Planning application at 33-41 Cedar Road Palm Cove QLD 4879

Melissa Berta sent a message to Brett Olds.

To
Brett Olds
From
Melissa Berta
Subject
Planning application at 33-41 Cedar Road Palm Cove QLD 4879
Date
Feb. 1, 2018, 4:14 a.m.
This is not in keeping with what the land is zoned for. From what I understand this is for dwelling of up to 2 stories high. So far for Palm Cove units are only supposed to be four stories high and not higher that the palm trees.
The opening of Oliva street will be fought by me. There is no reason for it to be opened - it will create all types of traffic added to Veivers Road and into Oliva St. If there ever is anything to be developed there simply entering and exiting via Cedar Road is more appropriate and a lot less people will be affected. I know it is marked to open but bad decisions can be reversed.
People come to Palm Cove to live and holiday because of how it is with no over development. This must not be underestimated by approving high rise developments. The only people to benefit from this will be the developers.
It is frightening these developers are spending money on this proposal - why do they think there is a chance?

From Melissa Berta to local councillor Brett Olds

=========================================================================

Melissa Berta posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Melissa Berta and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 33-41 Cedar Road Palm Cove QLD 4879

Description: #MCU Multiple dwelling and #MCU Short-term accommodation #MCU Multiple dwelling #MCU Short-term accommodation

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/905833?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Brett Olds
Date
Feb. 9, 2018, 3:25 a.m.
Hi Melissa,

I apologise for the delay in my response. I wanted to have a meeting with the Planning Dept. so that I answered you accurately.

From what I am told, under the now superseded 2009 scheme, the site was partly Residential 2 and partly Residential 1. It has only been since CairnsPlan 2016 commenced that the site has been re-zoned to Environmental Management.

There is an existing RoL approval for the land, the application for which was lodged under CairnsPlan 2009. The RoL approval provides for 34 residential lots and 2 areas of park to be delivered in 2 stages. The approved layout shows a connection from Cedar Road to Oliva Street.

The current MCU application (CRC online reference 8176/2017) was lodged in October 2017 and is currently within the response to Information Request stage. I note that Council has recently agreed to extend the response period until August 2018. As an Impact Assessable application, the public will have an opportunity to provide their comments on the proposed development. At this stage, I do not have any information as to when public notification will occur, but it has to be after a response is provided to the Information Request. Notification will occur in the standard manner i.e. ad in the paper, notice on the land and written notice to adjoining land owners.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Best regards,

Cr Brett Olds I Cairns Regional Council
Elected Member – Division 9
P: +61740443079 | M: +61477990263 | Fax: +61740443836
Email: | URL: cairns.qld.gov.au

Mail: PO Box 359, Cairns Q 4870 | Office: 119-145 Spence St, Cairns Q 4870