Planning application at 35 / 1 Collins Street Hobart Tas 7000

Rosemary Scott sent a message to Damon Thomas.

To
Damon Thomas
From
Rosemary Scott
Subject
Planning application at 35 / 1 Collins Street Hobart Tas 7000
Date
Aug. 27, 2018, 6:50 a.m.
As a resident of 1 Collins Street, I wish to object to an application from the owner of 35/1 Collins Street for short term visitor accommodation.

As I understand the by-laws of our Body Corporate, there is a provision prohibiting owners from leasing their unit for anything less than 6 months.

Additionally, owner-occupiers have moved here in the expectations of living in a quiet building; the likelihood of noise, disturbances and damage increases with short-term letting - as is well known by the reporting from many other places of such occurrences.

I consider that there urgently needs to be a change in planning rules to prevent such short term accommodation arrangements.

From Rosemary Scott to local councillor Damon Thomas

=========================================================================

Rosemary Scott posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Rosemary Scott and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 35 / 1 Collins Street Hobart Tas 7000

Description: Partial Change of Use to Visitor Accommodation

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1039608?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐