Planning application at 35 Saltair St, Kings Beach, QLD

Donald Lindsay sent a message to Tim Dwyer.

To
Tim Dwyer
From
Donald Lindsay
Subject
Planning application at 35 Saltair St, Kings Beach, QLD
Date
Jan. 11, 2017, 7:07 p.m.

I would like to place a STRONG objection to this proposed development.
I own an apartment directly behind this proposed development. My apartment is run as an airbnb, it has a rooftop balcony with views across to Moreton Island. This proposed development will obscure the WHOLE view, thus affecting my ability to run it as a profitable business. The proposal also has windows which face directly onto the balcony and into the apartment reducing any privacy.
The proposed development seems to contradict The Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014
6.2.3.2 Purpose and overall outcomes
(f) development ensures that there is no unreasonable loss of amenity for surrounding premises having regard to:-
(i) microclimate impacts, including the extent and duration of any overshadowing;
(ii) privacy and overlooking impacts;
(iii) impacts upon views and vistas; and
(iv) building massing and scale relative to its surroundings;
The developer has obviously not taken any of this into account.
I strongly object to this proposed development as it will have a negative effect on the value of my property and the other apartments in the building. I am not a wealthy developer, just an average person trying to make a living with this business.
I hope my objection will be taken into consideration when a decision is made on this development.

From Donald Lindsay to local councillor Tim Dwyer

=========================================================================

Donald Lindsay posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Donald Lindsay and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 35 Saltair St, Kings Beach, QLD

Description: Multiple Dwelling Units x 35 - Rise Projects Services

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/745840?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Tim Dwyer
Date
Jan. 11, 2017, 9:42 p.m.
Dear Donald,
Thank you for your email. I have read and noted the content, and appreciate you taking the time to inform council of your position on the application.
I will forward your email to council's Development Assessment Branch for their information and consideration.
Council officers will consider your comments as per the requirements of the Planning Act as it relates to the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme.

Regards
Cr Tim Dwyer
Deputy Mayor
Councillor ? Division 2
Sunshine Coast Council

Ph: 07 5420 896<tel:07%205420%208969>5
Mob: 0418 348 896<tel:0418%20348%20896>
Email: <mailto:>
Website: www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au<http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/>
Mail: Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre Qld 4560

Please consider the environment before printing this email
Sunshine Coast Regional Council, Councillor confidential email. Council intellectual property rights subsist in this email. If you have received this email in error, please notify the author. Any form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email is prohibited without the express permission of the author.

On 12 Jan 2017, at 05:08, Donald Lindsay <<mailto:>> wrote:

I would like to place a STRONG objection to this proposed development.
I own an apartment directly behind this proposed development. My apartment is run as an airbnb, it has a rooftop balcony with views across to Moreton Island. This proposed development will obscure the WHOLE view, thus affecting my ability to run it as a profitable business. The proposal also has windows which face directly onto the balcony and into the apartment reducing any privacy.
The proposed development seems to contradict The Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014
6.2.3.2 Purpose and overall outcomes
(f) development ensures that there is no unreasonable loss of amenity for surrounding premises having regard to:-
(i) microclimate impacts, including the extent and duration of any overshadowing;
(ii) privacy and overlooking impacts;
(iii) impacts upon views and vistas; and
(iv) building massing and scale relative to its surroundings;
The developer has obviously not taken any of this into account.
I strongly object to this proposed development as it will have a negative effect on the value of my property and the other apartments in the building. I am not a wealthy developer, just an average person trying to make a living with this business.
I hope my objection will be taken into consideration when a decision is made on this development.

From Donald Lindsay to local councillor Tim Dwyer

=========================================================================

Donald Lindsay posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Donald Lindsay and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 35 Saltair St, Kings Beach, QLD

Description: Multiple Dwelling Units x 35 - Rise Projects Services

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/745840?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
´╗┐