Planning application at 36 Brisbane Street Berwick, VIC

Local resident of Old Berwick sent a message to Mick Morland.

To
Mick Morland
From
Local resident of Old Berwick
Subject
Planning application at 36 Brisbane Street Berwick, VIC
Date
Oct. 20, 2016, 6:06 a.m.
As a council, and community, we need to decide if what we really want is for Brisbane Street and the rest of Old Berwick to become a series of high density units and townhouses. As a resident and owner of one home and rental home, I can confirm that we and other neighbourhood residents want the high density to stop. It's ridiculous that developers from Dandenong and other areas can divide up the properties to these small sizes and take away character and the feeling of community from the town and local residents. High density belongs elsewhere not in a town area which is reknowned for it's character and English style architecture, plantings and heritage. It's unique in Melbourne and the area, we urge to to reconsider developments of this scale. Think beyond rates, or you'll have ratepayer flashback to consider. Residents have the right to say what character the area should maintain. Protect this jewel of a town.

From Local resident of Old Berwick to local councillor Mick Morland

=========================================================================

Local resident of Old Berwick posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Local resident of Old Berwick and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 36 Brisbane Street Berwick, VIC

Description: Development of Six Dwellings

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/686620?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Mick Morland
Date
Oct. 20, 2016, 9:22 p.m.
Hi (you didn't put your name to the email) regulations for planning in all areas just not Berwick (and I live in the Berwick area you talk about) are set by the State Government not Council, we only enforce the regulations If we don't approve an application that meets all these guidelines set by the state government then a developer will take it straight to VCAT for them to approve If your so concerned ,happy to meet with you or your neighbours at your home or mine or at the council offices or give me a call to arrange 0400 043 523 thanks Mick

Sent from my iPhone

#####################################################################################
Attention:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

Thank You.
#####################################################################################

Scanned by MailMarshal
´╗┐