To
Nathan Prior
From
Diane
Subject
Planning application at 36 Struan Av Warradale
Date
May 24, 2018, 1:53 a.m.
In response to Nathan Prior's comments I disagree to his comment that the current plan is creating overdevelopment based on facts from experience of Marion Council’s approvals. Marion Council cause over development based on facts that I am happy to provide. The current plan states that row dwellings in our policy area should be a minimum of 7m wide blocks. Therefore, 3 row dwellings should have a minimum block size width of 21m. Marion Council approved 3 row dwellings to be built on a block size of under 20m width in our street, the block size was approx 19.5 m therefore too narrow for this to be approved in our narrow already overcrowded street already full of parked cars that we have been complaining about for more then 2 years. l disputed the development as it didn't meet Marion Council’s block sizes in the current plan to be told firstly that I couldn't lodge an objection as it didn't require me to be publicly notified even though I live across the road from this development and secondly that the' 7m block with per row dwelling is just a guide'. So for Marion Council to use the State Government and current plan as an excuse for over development for them to deflect responsibility is misleading the public. Secondly, Marion Council have overshadowing policies which from my experience they don't follow either. Then after the fact when your home is overshadowed we are told they aren't going to do anything about something they approved.

From Diane to local councillor Nathan Prior

=========================================================================

Diane posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Diane and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 36 Struan Av Warradale

Description: Four Two Storey Row Dwellings and two Single Storey Group Dwelling

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1001400?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Nathan Prior
Date
May 24, 2018, 7:59 a.m.
Hi Diane
Have replied to you on the development portal,
Happy to chat more about the process and why it fails residents, and importantly what we can do about it.
Cheers
Nathan

Sent from my iPad
Warracowie Ward Councillor | City of Marion

P 08 7420 6498
E | W www.marion.sa.gov.au

PO Box 21 Oaklands Park SA 5046
PO Box 21 Oaklands Park SA 5046

We acknowledge we are part of Kaurna land and recognise the Kaurna people as the traditional and continuing custodians of the land.

Cove Civic Centre – find out about our newest library, enterprise and community facility.