Planning application at 37 Pemberton St Oaklands Park

D. Williams sent a message to Kris Hanna.

To
Kris Hanna
From
D. Williams
Subject
Planning application at 37 Pemberton St Oaklands Park
Date
July 25, 2017, 12:41 a.m.

Pemberton Street is already short on street parking in this area of development. Cars are parked continuously on both sides of the road reducing it to one narrow road which is dangerous. The street is already very high in traffic for a residential area as the street is used by vehicles travelling from Marion shops/ Oaklands Road to Marion Road. We have no visitor or resident street parking area for 29, 29A, 31 Pemberton street as these are used by the 3 row dwelling development houses you already approved at no 21 and did not consider development objections about insufficient parking then. Leaving NO street carparks for a 3 and 4 bedroom residence opposite. Vehicles are already taking up the street parking outside 35 and 37 Pemberton Street forcing vehicles to drive over concrete chevrons in the centre of the road to avoid parked cars on the both sides of the street which is dangerous. The 3 row dwellings at 21, 21A and 21B have garages so narrow that a sedan is too wide to get through the door and if a smaller car fits in there is no room to get out of the vehicle. The garages are therefore useless and force residence to park on the street taking all available carparks for 5 houses!!I am objecting to another 3 houses being built on 1 block in this street for these above reasons. It is zoned low to medium density but you are packing so many houses into this area with your development approvals that you are creating dangerous traffic conditions and you are taking away peoples enjoyment of living in this area and leaving houses with NO street parking at all!! No 19 and 21, 21A and 21B residence also already have issues with no street parking spaces being available and park in our spaces on our side of the street leaving us with no street parking. You will be creating more problems for residence in this street to approve another 3 houses on the one block. There will be no space for bins in most of the street on rubbish collection day. My bin has not been collected previously because of parked cars. Marion shop carparking overflow fills our street bumper to bumper cars at peak times of the year on both sides of the road and I have almost been hit twice on the road on my pushbike because of this. I have photographs of the parking issues and of cars wider then garage entrances in this street. The council do not take into account the existing parking problems and keep approving these developments. When writing to council about the existing parking issues they do nothing about it but make it worse by approving these overcrowded row dwelling developments.

From D. Williams to local councillor Kris Hanna

=========================================================================

D. Williams posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to D. Williams and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 37 Pemberton St Oaklands Park

Description: Land Division Residential Torrens Title - 1 into 3 allotments

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/855218?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐