Planning application at 4 Arcadia Road Nelly Bay QLD 4819

Gary Hunn sent a message to Ann-Maree Greaney.

To
Ann-Maree Greaney
From
Gary Hunn
Subject
Planning application at 4 Arcadia Road Nelly Bay QLD 4819
Date
Oct. 25, 2018, 2:51 a.m.
Hi Ann-Maree, I also strongly object to the proposed illuminated sign on the roof of shop1, 4 Arcadia road, Nelly Bay. As well as the previous objections already mentioned regarding the type, location and design of the advertising devices that will diminish the character and amenity of the zone it is to be located.
the fact that advertising devices do not adversely impact on the visual amenity and locality, having regard to the significant and unreasonable loss of views and ambience,
the impact on sight lines for vehicular access and that advertising devices are supposed to be subservient to, and not dominant over a building's appearance as wells being reasonably integrated with architectural features.

I would also like to point out that when I was working assisting the council and the island community as Island marketing manager, all of the advertising signs on the island were ordered to comply with the simple strip advertising boards placed at each bay shopping precinct access point and forced to remove any other commercial signs so as to build a harmonious, attractive and evenhanded situation for all commercial operations (through much community consultation this was successfully undertaken, even to the detriment of a number of those businesses who all worked for the greater good).
For these and the reasons stated above, I feel this proposed signage is so out of keeping with Magnetic Island that I must oppose it in the strongest possible way. thank you for taking the time to consider my objection. yours sincerely Gary Hunn, Nelly Bay

From Gary Hunn to local councillor Ann-Maree Greaney

=========================================================================

Gary Hunn posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Gary Hunn and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 4 Arcadia Road Nelly Bay QLD 4819

Description: Code Assessable - Higher Impact Advertising Device - Animated Neon Sign

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1095170?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐