Planning application at 408-422 Brinsmead Road Brinsmead QLD 4870

Joanne Dinham sent a message to Linda Cooper.

To
Linda Cooper
From
Joanne Dinham
Subject
Planning application at 408-422 Brinsmead Road Brinsmead QLD 4870
Date
July 29, 2018, 11:48 p.m.
Please do not let this go ahead. The bike tracks are amazing, the dog tracks, the tranquility.... I'm not sure how anyone with a conscience could go in and destroy that area for houses. What about the wildlife and the vegetation?? My kids love the bike track, why would you destroy this???

From Joanne Dinham to local councillor Linda Cooper

=========================================================================

Joanne Dinham posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Joanne Dinham and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 408-422 Brinsmead Road Brinsmead QLD 4870

Description: Reconfiguring a Lot (Impact) Reconfiguring a Lot (2 Lots into 59 Residential Lots & Access Easements, 1 Services and Drainage Lot, 1 Access Lot and 1 Conservation Lot).

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1005504?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Linda Cooper,
Date
July 30, 2018, 1:41 a.m.
Hi Joanne,

Many thanks for your email and for advising me of your concerns for this proposed development. As this application has only just been lodged I am yet to be briefed by Planners on the full application. However, this land has always been zoned for development (way before my time) and has been privately owned by the same family who owned most of that area in Brinsmead for generations. The current use of the land for dog walking/bike trails etc has been an informal use and is actually trespassing on private property, which the owners have never had an issue with. I have lived in the area for more than 20 years and my boys grew up riding on that parcel of land as well, but the fact is (as sad as it is) the owners of the land have always had a right to submit a development application for it. They own the land from Brinsmead Road and the property extends back to approximately 500 metres up the hill, where it then abuts on to another private block of land. From a visual perspective I know that it looks like this is all part of one big reserve that local residents have used but it is, in reality, private land. As much as I personally would love to have this retained as a vegetated reserve, there are no legal reasons of how Council can stop this from happening.

I'm more than happy to talk to you further about it so if you're okay for me to call you can you please send me through a contact phone number.

Kind regards,

Linda

Cr Linda Cooper
Elected Member - Div 6
Chair of Cultural Services
Cairns Regional Council
Phone: +61740443076 | Mobile: +61419656995

PO Box 359, 119-145 Spence St, Cairns Q 4870
From
Linda Cooper
Date
July 30, 2018, 2 a.m.
Hi again Joanne,

Just as a further thought, this application will be impact assessable which means that the public have an opportunity to voice their concerns, which are then taken on board during the assessment of the application. I'm unsure of when the public notification period will commence but I'll keep your email on file so that I can let you know as soon as I find out.

Kind regards,

Linda

Cr Linda Cooper
Elected Member - Div 6
Chair of Cultural Services
Cairns Regional Council
Phone: +61740443076 | Mobile: +61419656995

PO Box 359, 119-145 Spence St, Cairns Q 4870
´╗┐