Planning application at 41 Devon Street (South), Goodwood SA 5034

Anne Wharton sent a message to Don Palmer.

To
Don Palmer
From
Anne Wharton
Subject
Planning application at 41 Devon Street (South), Goodwood SA 5034
Date
Aug. 18, 2016, 12:40 a.m.
I went today to look at this tree. From the street, it is a lovely tree and looks pretty healthy. Can you advise why the owners have requested this tree be chopped down please?

From Anne Wharton to local councillor Don Palmer

=========================================================================

Anne Wharton posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Anne Wharton and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 41 Devon Street (South), Goodwood SA 5034

Description: Carry out alterations and construct single storey addition including verandah on common boundary and remove regulated tree Eucalyptus sideroxylon (Iron Bark)

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/704376?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Don Palmer,
Date
Aug. 18, 2016, 6:44 a.m.
As I am no longer a member of our Development Assessment Pane I can investigate on your behalf. This I will do by liaising with our Planning Staff.

What I can already tell you is I have found that it is part of an application for redeveloping that site. The application is a Cat 2 application which means it must go out to public notification to those neighbours next door and those within 60 m on the other side of the street. Each of these people to provide a representation.

It has been in our system since April and it has only just now gone out to consultation (on the 15th). It appears our staff have had a number of concerns that needed the applicant to respond to, hence the delay in reaching this stage.

If there remains unresolved representations it will be seen by the Panel.

Have a Great Day!

Don Palmer

Councillor, Clarence Park Ward

City of Unley

Phone: 0414 820 773

Email Address:

Web Address: http://www.donpalmer.org/
From
Don Palmer
Date
Aug. 31, 2016, 7:42 a.m.
I have some further information Anne with apologies for the delay. I had hoped to have something more before now.

The application is for alterations to the existing single storey dwelling (single storey extension to the rear and en-suite to the side) and removal of a regulated tree to allow this development. The applicant has provided an arborist report indicating that the tree represents a material risk to safety and is causing damage to three buildings.

I am advised that public notification has just concluded and we have received one representation. At this stage its likely to be heading to DAP.

Let me know if you need more information.

Have a Great Day!

Don Palmer

Councillor, Clarence Park Ward

City of Unley

Phone: 0414 820 773

Email Address:

Web Address: http://www.donpalmer.org/
´╗┐