Planning application at 43 College Street Cambridge Park NSW 2747

Uncle Greg Simms - Aboriginal Elder Western Sydney sent a message to John Thain.

To
John Thain
From
Uncle Greg Simms - Aboriginal Elder Western Sydney
Subject
Planning application at 43 College Street Cambridge Park NSW 2747
Date
June 6, 2017, 9:21 a.m.
I am Uncle Greg Simms an Aboriginal Elder in Western Sydney. I belong to the Gadigal (whale people) of the Dharug nation. I am also an Aboriginal Community Liaison Officer with Ability Options Employment at Mount Druitt and actively engage with the local community.

I have worked with Mission Australia Housing and the developers of this development application in the past and after reviewing this application and taking the time to contact the developers directly (Evelyn Thomas), I feel this is a great step forward in improving housing in Western Sydney.

Having dealt with Evelyn Thomas in the past, knowing the great work she has accomplished with Mission Australia to help provide housing options for Aboriginal Families, I am happy to discover that Evelyn Thomas continues to inspire and help support the indigenous people in placing them in quality homes.

Evelyn Thomas has expressed the desire to lease two houses to aboriginal families on completion if an investor purchases these properties. I am pleased to help support this development to house indigenous people with a tenancy application ready for a long lease term to an investor who choses to buy in this development.

I like the idea of basement parking which will help with children safety in the neighourhood.

Happy to discuss further if you chose to contact me.

Uncle Greg Simms - Aboriginal Elder Western Sydney

From Uncle Greg Simms - Aboriginal Elder Western Sydney to local councillor John Thain

=========================================================================

Uncle Greg Simms - Aboriginal Elder Western Sydney posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Uncle Greg Simms - Aboriginal Elder Western Sydney and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 43 College Street Cambridge Park NSW 2747

Description: Demolition of Existing Structures & Construction of 5 x Townhouses with Basement Parking & Strata Subdivision

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/814133?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
John Thain
Date
June 20, 2017, 12:59 a.m.
Penrith City Council
Civic Centre, 601 High Street, PENRITH NSW 2750
Telephone: (02) 4732 7777 Fax: (02) 4732 7958
e-mail: <mailto:>

Our Reference DA17/0352 ECM: 7693681

Telephone: (02) 4732 7693

20 June 2017

<mailto:>

Greg Simms

Dear Sir/Madam,

Application DA17/0352

Lot 1 DP 202002 43 College Street CAMBRIDGE PARK NSW 2747

Demolition of Existing Structures & Construction of 5 x Town Houses with Basement Parking & Strata Subdivision

Thank you for your submission regarding the above application which has been forwarded by Councillors making representations on your behalf.

What’s next?

Council is currently assessing the application and will consider the matters you have raised in our assessment process. We will advise you of Council’s recommendations prior to determination.

Tracking application progress

You can view the details and progress of this application on Council’s DA Tracker at http://bizsearch.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au/ePlanning by entering the application number as provided above.

If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to contact me on

(02) 4732 7693.

Yours sincerely

Mahbub Alam

Environmental Planner

Development Services Team

#RESPOND 7693681
#ECMBODY