Planning application at 431-433 Bourke Street Surry Hills NSW 2010

Adam Worling sent a message to Jess Scully.

To
Jess Scully
From
Adam Worling
Subject
Planning application at 431-433 Bourke Street Surry Hills NSW 2010
Date
June 5, 2017, 12:49 a.m.
Hello - I am sorry for this last minute response though I have been on holidays. I never received notification of this DA, even though it will directly impact our living environment.

As it stands we are regularly kept awake from parties on the balconies from the high rise buildings of Jasper and Alba in the St Margaret's complex. The sound reverberates around this complex and descends on to our street - Jesmond Street.

Taking into consideration that the balconies of Alba and Jasper only accommodate 10 -16 people, to then imagine that 14 roof top terraces are being considered which has the capacity to invite hundreds to party with no way to contain the noise, is unfathomable.

I love the village atmosphere of Surry Hills - though having lived in complexes which have rooftop terraces - I know first hand the impact it makes on the wider area. Often it is the case that the minority impact the majority.

Considering also that the apartments in St Margaret's constantly monitor the noise levels from the restaurants in the complex - then this has an air of hypocrisy to then want to create roof top terraces that will create excessive noise for the area.

I hope that you will support my objection to ensure such a large and obtrusive proposed development will not proceed and damage the village atmosphere of Surry Hills.

Thank you

Adam Worling

From Adam Worling to local councillor Jess Scully

=========================================================================

Adam Worling posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Adam Worling and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 431-433 Bourke Street Surry Hills NSW 2010

Description: Alterations and additions to create 14 private roof terraces to the Henry Building.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/822561?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐