Planning application at 463-465 Spencer Street West Melbourne VIC 3003

Daniel Vigilante sent a message to Rohan Leppert.

To
Rohan Leppert
From
Daniel Vigilante
Subject
Planning application at 463-465 Spencer Street West Melbourne VIC 3003
Date
April 12, 2018, 11:54 a.m.
We live up the street at 118 Dudley Street (which backs onto Rosslyn Street), and we can constantly hear the extremely loud motorbikes revving up Rosslyn Street. It's often so loud that it wakes our baby daughter up. I feel very sorry for the others here who have complained who live even closer than we do, and I can certainly vouch for how intrusive and out of place such a venue is in what is desperately trying to become a residential neighbourhood. It will never feel neighbourly and safe with those macho wannabes streaming up and down the backstreets on absurdly loud bikes.
My proposed solution/compromise is to install speed humps up Rosslyn Street (and the surrounding streets), which may at least help with the loud revving problem (to say nothing of the unsavoury characters handing around the store). I hope this can be considered.

From Daniel Vigilante to local councillor Rohan Leppert

=========================================================================

Daniel Vigilante posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Daniel Vigilante and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 463-465 Spencer Street West Melbourne VIC 3003

Description: Change of use to existing building, minor buildings and works, erection and display of internally illuminated signage and a waiver in the statutory carpark, loading and unloading requirements

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/930591?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Rohan Leppert
Date
April 18, 2018, 6:48 a.m.
Thanks Daniel

Traffic calming measures on street will need to be considered separately to the planning application, but it's absolutely something we can look into.

I'll seek some advice from officers about Rosslyn St. Can you email me your direct contact so that I can get back to you on this? The planning-alerts website is difficult to track correspondence through.

Thanks,

Rohan

03 9658 9051
´╗┐