Planning application at 6 Bartlett Terrace, Redland Bay, QLD

Lynn Adams sent a message to Mark Edwards.

To
Mark Edwards
From
Lynn Adams
Subject
Planning application at 6 Bartlett Terrace, Redland Bay, QLD
Date
Feb. 24, 2017, 12:25 p.m.
I am totally against introducing multi dwellings in the Orchard Beach area. This area is currently a prestigious neighbourhood with large dwellings on large (by today's standards) blocks which make it a very desirable location and whether this application is for sub-dividing or adding another dwelling on the existing block would be start of introducing a high density housing on a very narrow street.

From Lynn Adams to local councillor Mark Edwards

=========================================================================

Lynn Adams posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Lynn Adams and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 6 Bartlett Terrace, Redland Bay, QLD

Description: Secondary Dwelling

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/779705?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Mark Edwards
Date
Feb. 25, 2017, 10:25 a.m.
Hello Lynn,

Thanks for your email and I share your concerns. However you are asking the impossible. The 2006 Planning scheme, long before I was interested in politics, enabled the subdivisions. That scheme is still in place. I would also suggest that the next planning scheme due to be delivered this year, requires the State Ministers agreement and I don’t see any desire to change the ability of land to be reduced to an average of 400 square metres. My personal position is that significant change needs to be applied where the Council is not instructed by the State. Either the Council makes the decisions based on a COMMUNITY planning scheme or the State take over the Councils role and makes the approvals based on their SEQ planning scheme.

Regards,

Mark