To
Jackson Taylor
From
Skye
Subject
Planning application at 6 Magnolia Street, Wantirna VIC 3152
Date
Oct. 15, 2017, 9:20 p.m.
Whereby this area was quiet and everyone got along it is now becoming transient and people are losing patience. Near us there is a 4 bedroom house rented to 5 young adults - that’s 10 cars at a minimum now on a narrowed road, where rate payers can no longer park at their property. So, there are issues with cars, parking, loss of character to the aethethic of the neighbourhood and loss environment that Knox Council is then needing to spend rate payer money on regenerating. Is this in keeping with the Knox Urban Design Framework 2020, the one the rate payers were heavily consulted on? Perhaps planning applications need to clearly state how they meet these guidelines so as to educate rate payers in the immediate vacinity. The Planning Minister may have deemed the 901 route a growth corridor, but perhaps did not take into consideration Wantirna Rd/Clatence Rd an inappropriate section that lacks infrastructure- indeed room to cater for the potential increase in traffic. This process needs to be more transparent. Please reply Councillor with your thoughts and proposed action on your rate payers behalf. Thanking you in advance.

From Skye to local councillor Jackson Taylor

=========================================================================

Skye posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Skye and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 6 Magnolia Street, Wantirna VIC 3152

Description: Development of property for 5 new double storey dwellings

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/886375?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jackson Taylor
Date
Oct. 16, 2017, 4:06 a.m.
Hi Skye,

Firstly thanks forgetting in touch regarding this planning application.

I have sought more information from our planners in regards to this and as this is a rather new app (Sept 21 submitted) the details are still coming through.

I will keep a keen eye on this application but at this time I hope you appreciate that I am not able to comment. Under recent court rulings if Councillors show any bias to one argument over another until all information is received that their vote could be invalid and challenged at VCAT.

So as such I will reserve my judgement.

However, what I will say is that I will make a decision if this comes to full council meeting based on what is appropriate for the general residential (zone 2) area along with a number of other principals as outlined in the Victorian and Knox Planning Scheme documents.

Knox Council recently conducted our housing strategy which was implemented in early 2016 into the planning scheme and states in the zone this development is in that we encourage single and dual occupancy, however there is allowance for some townhouse and villa style development in blocks of over 1000sq, but this will be dependant on many other variables.

I myself certainly love the green leafy vibe in Knox and want to ensure we maintain the integrity of our residential areas and this plan is one which I will pay close attention to as more information comes in.

In reference to your comments re the minister designating Wantirna Rd a Residential Growth area as per the smart bus route running along same, this was regrettably not asked for by Council but a decision made by the Planning Minister. Regardless, we will continue to ensure the best possible planning outcomes for the area which respect it. Our process to change the planning scheme will nearly always go through rigorous community consultation (except when minor changes are made) including public exhibition at the Council’s civic centre during that time.

Please see attached link to formalise objection (if you haven’t already).

https://www.knox.vic.gov.au/Files/Planning/Form-ObjectiontoaPlanningApplication.pdf

For your information we are also discussing ways to ensure the big end of town developers pay their fair share in terms of application fees and their continuing to pay in to Knox’s Openspace fund.

If you have any further please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Yours in Kind

Jackson

[cid:]

Jackson Taylor

Councillor for Collier Ward

Knox City Council
0418 719 940<tel:0418%20719%20940> | 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South, 3152<x-apple-data-detectors://2/0>
<mailto:> | www.knox.vic.gov.au<http://www.knox.vic.gov.au/>
Facebook | Jackson Taylor - Councillor for Collier Ward

On 16 Oct 2017, at 8:22 am, Skye <<mailto:>> wrote:

Whereby this area was quiet and everyone got along it is now becoming transient and people are losing patience. Near us there is a 4 bedroom house rented to 5 young adults - that’s 10 cars at a minimum now on a narrowed road, where rate payers can no longer park at their property. So, there are issues with cars, parking, loss of character to the aethethic of the neighbourhood and loss environment that Knox Council is then needing to spend rate payer money on regenerating. Is this in keeping with the Knox Urban Design Framework 2020, the one the rate payers were heavily consulted on? Perhaps planning applications need to clearly state how they meet these guidelines so as to educate rate payers in the immediate vacinity. The Planning Minister may have deemed the 901 route a growth corridor, but perhaps did not take into consideration Wantirna Rd/Clatence Rd an inappropriate section that lacks infrastructure- indeed room to cater for the potential increase in traffic. This process needs to be more transparent. Please reply Councillor with your thoughts and proposed action on your rate payers behalf. Thanking you in advance.

From Skye to local councillor Jackson Taylor

=========================================================================

Skye posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Skye and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 6 Magnolia Street, Wantirna VIC 3152

Description: Development of property for 5 new double storey dwellings

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/886375?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

****************************************************************************************
This email may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. Privacy should be respected at all times. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify Knox City Council immediately by telephone (03-9298-8000) and destroy the original message.

KNOX CITY COUNCIL
511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South. 3152. Australia
****************************************************************************************
PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS EMAIL