Planning application at 614-666 Flinders Street Docklands VIC 3008

Dawn Linnett sent a message to Rohan Leppert.

To
Rohan Leppert
From
Dawn Linnett
Subject
Planning application at 614-666 Flinders Street Docklands VIC 3008
Date
May 4, 2017, 11:05 p.m.
I also would like to object to the demolition of this pedestrian bridge on Flinders Street. Current pedestrian access across Flinders Street from the Siddeley Street area is poor and has worsened with developments associated with the demolition of the old convention centre and the commencement of works on the Melbourne Quarter site. There does not appear to be any long term strategy to deal with improved pedestrian access across Flinders Street and Warundjeri Way to the North Wharf/Siddeley Street precinct and pedestrian traffic has increased substantially in recent years due to the development of DFO and the South Wharf precinct. The reinstatement and reopening of this pedestrian bridge would allow for safer pedestrian access between Spencer Street, Flinders Street, Melbourne Quarter and into the North Wharf/Siddeley Street precinct. I strongly object to the demolition of this bridge as it is likely to be a long term strategic benefit to pedestrian safety if repurposed effectively. For information, I am a permanent and long term resident of Flinders Wharf at 60 Siddeley Street.

Cheers Dawn

From Dawn Linnett to local councillor Rohan Leppert

=========================================================================

Dawn Linnett posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Dawn Linnett and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 614-666 Flinders Street Docklands VIC 3008

Description: Proposal to demolish pedestrian bridge and conduct facade repairs on building.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/810876?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Rohan Leppert
Date
May 4, 2017, 11:23 p.m.
Thanks Dawn

I will keep a close eye on the application.

Rohan
This email is intended solely for the named addressee.
If you are not the addressee indicated please delete it immediately.
´╗┐