Planning application at 66 Boardman Road, Kippa-ring QLD 4021

Michael Smallsman sent a message to James Houghton.

To
James Houghton
From
Michael Smallsman
Subject
Planning application at 66 Boardman Road, Kippa-ring QLD 4021
Date
March 14, 2019, 8:04 a.m.
I wish to record my objection to the construction and placement of a billboard as proposed on Boardman Road on or adjacent to the Fire & Rescue Station.

Such a decision may cause an accident in the future when an emergency arises which requires the prompt action of the fire services, as there will be a conflict of attention between the billboard and the strobe lighting etc of an emergency vehicle. It would appear irresponsible to me to place a distraction adjacent to an emergency service.

When an emergency arises, you want as little distraction as possible to impede the progress of a vehicle leaving the site. This need is in direct competition with the placing of a billboard in a position to maximise its visibility and effectiveness.

If you move the billboard further down Boardman Road, you will be making what is now a visually appealing grove of trees, into an eyesore.

Surely the very fact that Klingner (now two lanes each way) was upgraded to increase road traffic and make Boardman (reducing to a single lane where the billboard is proposed), therefore a lower priority road would, suggest that Klingner is a better site for such a billboard.

From Michael Smallsman to local councillor James Houghton

=========================================================================

Michael Smallsman posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Michael Smallsman and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 66 Boardman Road, Kippa-ring QLD 4021

Description: Operational Works - Development Permit for Advertising Device

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1166104?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐