Planning application at 67-69 Manchester Road, Mooroolbark VIC 3138

Clarissa Cowland sent a message to Tim Heenan.

To
Tim Heenan
From
Clarissa Cowland
Subject
Planning application at 67-69 Manchester Road, Mooroolbark VIC 3138
Date
Aug. 13, 2017, 3:27 a.m.
Hello D.Hamilton,
As a long time resident of Yarra Ranges, I too am very sad to see this building demolished and see it replaced with an ugly apartment building. (which is a grose overdevelopment of the site!!).
I thought you may be interested to know that Mooroolbark residents have fought this development on two occasions. The first time I was not involved, but I believe local residents fought this development which resulted in a VCAT hearing. Sadly, VCAT supported YRC and the developer, resulting in the planning application being upheld. My understanding is that this developer went into liquidation (or something similar), the development did not go ahead and the site was passed onto another company.
I, along with other residents, objected to the current application (YR-2016/513) last year. Once again YRC decided to grant a permit.
This of course is very disappointing. It is also disappointing that there has not been a response from Cr Tim Heenan to your comment.
It is great to hear from others who feel that Mooroolbark is worth saving from developers!!

From Clarissa Cowland to local councillor Tim Heenan

=========================================================================

Clarissa Cowland posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Clarissa Cowland and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 67-69 Manchester Road, Mooroolbark VIC 3138

Description: Multi dwelling and/or commercial applications

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/668943?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐