Planning application at 7 Denbeigh Street Parramatta Park QLD 4870

Meredith Cunningham sent a message to Richie Bates.

To
Richie Bates
From
Meredith Cunningham
Subject
Planning application at 7 Denbeigh Street Parramatta Park QLD 4870
Date
Dec. 9, 2018, 7:19 p.m.
I wholeheartedly believe that the demolition of the cottages in Denbeigh Street should not have occurred. I actually recently walked through the highset cottage which was demolished and I cannot understand how this demolition can have been allowed. If every old Queenslander in Parramatta Park and Cairns North is subject to the testing that the engineers who compiled the report theoretically relied on, we will have no heritage or historical buildings left.

The complete lack of community consultation in these matters is disgraceful. I have video footage of the demolition of one of the houses and it is guttung. Denbeigh Street is a character precinct street and demolition of these houses is disturbing. We cannot get our heritage back once destroyed and Cairns’ heritage belongs to all of the community, not just a few developers.

From Meredith Cunningham to local councillor Richie Bates

=========================================================================

Meredith Cunningham posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Meredith Cunningham and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 7 Denbeigh Street Parramatta Park QLD 4870

Description: Combined Application Material Change of Use (4 x Dwellings) and Reconfiguring a Lot (1 Lot into 4 Lots & Easement)

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1012634?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Richie Bates
Date
Dec. 9, 2018, 10:05 p.m.
Hi Meredith,

Thanks for contracting me about this. I shall follow up and respond.

Regards

Richie