Planning application at 73 The Cove Rd Marino

Bob McGivern sent a message to Luke Hutchinson.

To
Luke Hutchinson
From
Bob McGivern
Subject
Planning application at 73 The Cove Rd Marino
Date
May 19, 2018, 6:15 a.m.
Councillor Luke Hutchinson,

I understand a recent confidential decision from Marion Council APPROVED a revised application for 73 Cove Road (18 April 2018). The Council blocked any resident from reviewing this application and being party to the internal decision making of the Council.
Following a later direction from Judge Cole (10th MAY 2018) for the confidential papers from this meeting to be released to the residents, I understand this revised application has NO REAL DIFFERENCE to that which you rejected on the 6th Sept 2017 panel - the only external change is a reduction of 4m2.
During the 6th Sept panel the residents' minutes (sent to Council next day)record you stating:
- "concern with the bulk and scale"
- "concern with amenity of the building for the occupants"
- "concern with the failure to transition the site"

Given your rejection on the 6th Sept, I would appreciate your view on why you appear to have changed your mind.
Bob McGivern

From Bob McGivern to local councillor Luke Hutchinson

=========================================================================

Bob McGivern posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Bob McGivern and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 73 The Cove Rd Marino

Description: Detached Dwelling Two Storey Garage, Retaining Wall & Fencing

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/883903?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Luke Hutchinson
Date
May 22, 2018, 9:11 a.m.
Dear Bob
Thanks for your email.
I have not been involved in the approval of this application so I cannot provide you with any further information in this regard. Our CAP (Council Assessment Panel) make decisions on around 10% of applications. Therefore, you will need to contact our planning staff to assist with further information, I have included Jason the Manager of Planning Services.

Ps: I have been listed as a proxy on the CAP in the last year, hence why you may have contacted me.

Best regards, Luke.
Warriparinga Ward Councillor | City of Marion

P 08 7420 6482 | M 0401 776 529
E | W www.marion.sa.gov.au

PO Box 21 Oaklands Park SA 5046
´╗┐