Planning application at 737-757 Sydney Road, Coburg North VIC 3058

Annely Aeuckens sent a message to Sue Bolton.

To
Sue Bolton
From
Annely Aeuckens
Subject
Planning application at 737-757 Sydney Road, Coburg North VIC 3058
Date
Jan. 23, 2019, 11:55 p.m.
I agree with Ms Beaumont, we already have considerable traffic congestion, much of it commercial, along Gaffney Street and around the intersection between Sydney Road and Gaffney/Murray Roads. The speed limit along Gaffney Street should be dropped to 50 kms/hr, although I am aware it is hard to enforce such limits. However, pedestrians and cyclists need greater protection - I know from personal experience. It was only recently while driving that I had to reroute down a side road as a cyclist had been hit by a car on what was a relatively quiet day.

While I have nothing against the proposed hotel, I wonder why on earth you would have a child centre located within the development. Given that there is an existing child care centre within the Pentridge development and a new one proposed for Elizabeth Street, North Coburg, how many child care centres do we need? Such a centre would further increase traffic right next to a major intersection that has had its fair share of accidents.

From Annely Aeuckens to local councillor Sue Bolton

=========================================================================

Annely Aeuckens posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Annely Aeuckens and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 737-757 Sydney Road, Coburg North VIC 3058

Description: Use and development of a 6-storey building comprising a residential hotel and child care centre, and alteration of access to a road in a Road Zone, Category 1.

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1145354?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐