Planning application at 8 Mansford Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350

Anonymous sent a message to Carol Taylor.

To
Carol Taylor
From
Anonymous
Subject
Planning application at 8 Mansford Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350
Date
March 17, 2019, 12:37 a.m.
Just wondering why no member of council has been able to respond to any of our concerns regarding this planning application. Feels like we are not important to you. I thought we elected you the council, to represent us, the ratepayers. Would it be possible for you to give us some feedback on what you have put forward on our behalf to the planning committee and their responses.

From Anonymous to local councillor Carol Taylor

=========================================================================

Anonymous posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Anonymous and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 8 Mansford Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350

Description: Multiple Dwelling 5x3 Bedroom Units

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1109660?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Carol Taylor
Date
March 17, 2019, 12:58 a.m.
Dear ??

I'm happy to respond to the community

Planning sits under a state planning legislation and Council's Planning Scheme, and while council listens to people who express their views ,we are unable to state our personal view
If councillors did this ( under the local government act) then we would have to absent ourselves from the decision making

When emails are sent to all councillors - then it is left to the Mayor or the Planning Chair ( Cr Tait) to reply on behalf of us all
Please be assured that I read through all emails I receive - to send a detailed reply to all the emails I receive I would need a secretary , but I do read through every one

I apologise if that's what you expect but I think to be aware of your views is the most important point for myself .

Council has a planning scheme which guides all development in our TR region
Public comment on zoning was sought when it was put together after amalgamation and taken into account
A new Planning Scheme is in the early stages at present
Can I ask you and everyone you can influence to please keep an eye out for public notification and have your say on the zoning and other matters this scheme covers - it's important because we all live here and should have a say on our future development

Thank you for taking the time to contact me , I will most certainly pay close attention to this and other planning matters
Cr Carol Taylor
DeputyMayor
Toowoomba Regional Council
Sent from my iPhone

On 17 Mar 2019, at 10:38 am, Anonymous <<mailto:>> wrote:

Just wondering why no member of council has been able to respond to any of our concerns regarding this planning application. Feels like we are not important to you. I thought we elected you the council, to represent us, the ratepayers. Would it be possible for you to give us some feedback on what you have put forward on our behalf to the planning committee and their responses.

From Anonymous to local councillor Carol Taylor

=========================================================================

Anonymous posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Anonymous and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 8 Mansford Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350

Description: Multiple Dwelling 5x3 Bedroom Units

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1109660?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this email in error please notify the sender and
delete the material from any computer.

The Council accepts no responsibility for the content of any email
which is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature or which
represents the personal view of the sender.

If you wish to contact Council by non electronic means, Council's
postal address is:

Toowoomba Regional Council
PO Box 3021, Toowoomba Qld 4350
´╗┐