Planning application at 8 Mansford Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350

Pat Bartholomew sent a message to Carol Taylor.

To
Carol Taylor
From
Pat Bartholomew
Subject
Planning application at 8 Mansford Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350
Date
March 17, 2019, 7:43 a.m.
prior to the last TRC elections, when Megan O'Hara - Sullivan was running her campaign and had her election stall at PYC, I spoke to her about all this development and she stated she was opposed to it all and would be taking a stand on it. Well we have not heard a murmur form her now that she is collecting the big pay packet. It is even tougher to get things changed when the Manaher of Planning and Development Mr Stewart Summers is also engaging in this type of developments
The concerns of the residents does not matter one bit to this mob in council. their jobs as Councillors is to collect the dosh, and not do too much for it.

From Pat Bartholomew to local councillor Carol Taylor

=========================================================================

Pat Bartholomew posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Pat Bartholomew and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 8 Mansford Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350

Description: Multiple Dwelling 5x3 Bedroom Units

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1109660?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Carol Taylor
Date
March 17, 2019, 8:11 a.m.
Dear Pat
Thank you for emailing me around planning matters

I'm not sure if our community realised that planning ( for all areas) sits under state planning legislation

Council cannot comment on applications lodged. If they do they must absent themselves from any decision making
Our planning scheme sets down what can happen in different areas
Our community was invited to comment when this was being pulled together after amalgamation

A new planning scheme is planned for now and I would ask you and our community to have their say
Applicants can appeal council decisions and this is difficult to understand as the planning and environment court makes a judgement

Council doesn't have total power over applications - this is true

I won't comment on another councillor except to say that people don't realise the state role and councils responsibilities until they are on council

I apologise if we don't get that message out to our community and it's difficult to be blamed for decisions that are sometimes outside our decision making power

Kind regards

Cr Carol Taylor
DeputyMayor
Toowoomba Regional Council
Sent from my iPhone

On 17 Mar 2019, at 5:46 pm, Pat Bartholomew <<mailto:>> wrote:

prior to the last TRC elections, when Megan O'Hara - Sullivan was running her campaign and had her election stall at PYC, I spoke to her about all this development and she stated she was opposed to it all and would be taking a stand on it. Well we have not heard a murmur form her now that she is collecting the big pay packet. It is even tougher to get things changed when the Manaher of Planning and Development Mr Stewart Summers is also engaging in this type of developments
The concerns of the residents does not matter one bit to this mob in council. their jobs as Councillors is to collect the dosh, and not do too much for it.

From Pat Bartholomew to local councillor Carol Taylor

=========================================================================

Pat Bartholomew posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Pat Bartholomew and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 8 Mansford Street North Toowoomba QLD 4350

Description: Multiple Dwelling 5x3 Bedroom Units

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1109660?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this email in error please notify the sender and
delete the material from any computer.

The Council accepts no responsibility for the content of any email
which is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature or which
represents the personal view of the sender.

If you wish to contact Council by non electronic means, Council's
postal address is:

Toowoomba Regional Council
PO Box 3021, Toowoomba Qld 4350
´╗┐