Planning application at 87 Maling Road Canterbury VIC 3126

Clare Buckley sent a message to Jane Addis.

To
Jane Addis
From
Clare Buckley
Subject
Planning application at 87 Maling Road Canterbury VIC 3126
Date
July 24, 2017, 6:20 a.m.
I am in complete agreement with Philippa Lucas. Maling Road is an attractive and popular shopping and cafe strip but parking is already at a premium. If residents of and visitors to, the multi dwelling development have to park in the street, it would exacerbate the issue of congestion and it would likely have the effect of driving shoppers and diners away. They would go elsewhere and this would be a great pity.

From Clare Buckley to local councillor Jane Addis

=========================================================================

Clare Buckley posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Clare Buckley and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 87 Maling Road Canterbury VIC 3126

Description: Post RequestDemolition of an existing building and construction of buildings and works for a four storey building over a basement car park for 42 dwellings in a heritage overlay and reduce the standard car parking requirement (residential visitor).

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/856542?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jane Addis
Date
July 26, 2017, 4:18 a.m.
Hello Clare

I refer to your email via Planning Alerts regarding the property at the above address.

Please be advised that Council refused a planning application to develop the site for a four storey building comprising restaurants and apartments in February 2014. The application attracted over 700 objections. One of the major concerns raised by Council and the objectors related to the impact on car parking in the area. The applicant appealed this decision to VCAT and following a seven day hearing which involved expert evidence being called by Council, the objectors and the applicant, a decision was made by VCAT to allow the appeal, based on plans for a three storey building. Although Council was not happy with the result, it was at least a better outcome than had been initially proposed.

The latest post in Planning Alerts simply notes the submission of an environmental audit for the site, which was required by a condition of the permit, rather than being a new application. Unfortunately Planning Alerts picks up everything recorded in Council's planning register, including information required post the issue of a permit, rather than just new applications.

regards
Jane Addis
Councillor - Maling Ward

8 Inglesby Rd, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
City of Boroondara
Telephone: (03) 9835 7845 | Mobile: 0409 267 902

Web: www.boroondara.vic.gov.au

Integrity I Collaboration I Accountability I Innovation I Respect
´╗┐