Planning application at 89 Arlington Esplanade Clifton Beach QLD 4879

Roslyn Smith sent a message to Brett Olds.

To
Brett Olds
From
Roslyn Smith
Subject
Planning application at 89 Arlington Esplanade Clifton Beach QLD 4879
Date
Jan. 29, 2018, 2:45 a.m.
 I strongly object to this development on the following grounds.
Clifton Beach is a Medium Density Zone according to the Council Planning Zoning.
 It exceeds the current 4-storey height limit (by a further 4 storeys)
 When the Applicant bought the land, they did so knowing that it had planning permission to build a total of 36 Multi Unit Housing units on four stories (see 4.1 of the proposal). He has now altered that to eight stories for financial profit and gain only.
 It fails to meet the current Cairns Regional Council Planning Codes.
 It exceeds all size, bulk, density and coverage limits and is not in keeping with the rest of the Clifton Beach buildings and style
 It is not in keeping with the remainder of the Far Northern Beaches, none of which currently have a building as high as 8 storeys.
Roslyn Smith

From Roslyn Smith to local councillor Brett Olds

=========================================================================

Roslyn Smith posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Roslyn Smith and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 89 Arlington Esplanade Clifton Beach QLD 4879

Description: Material Change of Use (Code) Multiple dwelling and Food & drink outlet

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/928579?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Brett Olds
Date
Jan. 30, 2018, 12:54 a.m.
Hi Roslyn,

I believe you will need to print out this PDF (link below) and fill it out in its proper form, for it to be considered 'properly submitted'.

"Good afternoon Cr Olds,

Below is the link to the PDF for the submission forms. We will also have some printed out and available at the Planner of the Day counter at customer service.

http://www.cairns.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/6480/PART_5.pdf

Kind Regards",

The info for the top section is:

Proposal: Material Change of Use (Code) Multiple Dwelling and Food & Drink Outlet

Applicant: J2J Pty Ltd

Application No.: 8/8/1497

Address of Development: 89-95 Arlington Esplanade & 5-7 Clifton Rd, Clifton Beach.

Let me know if you have any issues,

Cr Brett Olds I Cairns Regional Council

Elected Member – Division 9

P: +61740443079 | M: +61477990263 | Fax: +61740443836

Email: | URL: cairns.qld.gov.au

Mail: PO Box 359, Cairns Q 4870 | Office: 119-145 Spence St, Cairns Q 4870