Planning application at 9 Rodger Avenue Leabrook SA 5068

Tiffany Birrell sent a message to Jane Davey.

To
Jane Davey
From
Tiffany Birrell
Subject
Planning application at 9 Rodger Avenue Leabrook SA 5068
Date
Oct. 28, 2018, 2:23 p.m.
There are koalas that regularly appear in the trees around the water tank and I am keen to ensure their corridor of access through the area is not disrupted by the removal of important trees. I do not know which tree it is that is targeted for removal however, I hope this information is considered when managing trees around the water tank.

From Tiffany Birrell to local councillor Jane Davey

=========================================================================

Tiffany Birrell posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Tiffany Birrell and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 9 Rodger Avenue Leabrook SA 5068

Description: Regulated tree removal (one) Eucalyptus leucoxylon (Blue Gum)

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1099115?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jane Davey,
Date
Oct. 28, 2018, 10:12 p.m.
Hi Tiffany

Thanks for your e mail - I’m not aware of this so proposal so thank you for raising it.

I have asked the CEO to investigate & provide an response.

I have been closely watching the work on the SA Water tank site as I’m very concerned about the disturbance to the wildlife habitat there – plus that the trees that koalas use on the site remain accessable to them.

Kind regards

Jane Davey

Councillor, Kensington Park Ward

Sent: Monday, 29 October 2018 12:54 AM
To: Jane Davey<mailto:>
Subject: Planning application at 9 Rodger Avenue Leabrook SA 5068

There are koalas that regularly appear in the trees around the water tank and I am keen to ensure their corridor of access through the area is not disrupted by the removal of important trees. I do not know which tree it is that is targeted for removal however, I hope this information is considered when managing trees around the water tank.

Tiffany Birrell posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Tiffany Birrell and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/1099115?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Jane Davey
Date
Nov. 5, 2018, 2:13 a.m.
Hi Tiffany

The matter of management of vegetation on state owned land is problematic – se e mail below.

It seems from COB staff that the tree was removed prior to the current work being undertaken.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards

Jane Davey
Councillor, Kensington Park Ward

Sent: Wednesday, 31 October 2018 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: Planning application at 9 Rodger Avenue Leabrook SA 5068

Dear Jane

Thanks for the email. As the email from Tiffany has come through the planning portal we are unable to correspond back via email directly.

We can confirm that there are no recent Development Applications; this is primarily because the work being undertaken is State Government maintenance therefore exempt from such processes.

However, there was an approval for the removal of a Regulated Tree from the property approximately four years ago. The tree was a Eucalyptus Saligna (Sydney Blue Gum). The location of the tree is described by our independent arborist as being in the north eastern corner of the property.

We cannot ascertain 100 per cent from our resources that the tree has been removed.

Following the Planning Alerts link used by the inquirer it confirms the DA she is interested is from 2014 (180\1169\14). Assuming her search is a recent one there is a reasonable change chance the tree in question is already gone.

Cheers
Rob

Sent: Monday, 29 October 2018 8:38 AM
To: Paul Deb
Subject: FW: Planning application at 9 Rodger Avenue Leabrook SA 5068

Hi Paul

Can you please advise what is proposed for tree removal at the site at 9 Rodger Ave Leabrook? Has a tree removal been approved?

Is this the SA Water site at which there is currently much activity?? Thanks

Kind regards

Jane Davey

Sent: Monday, 29 October 2018 12:54 AM
Subject: Planning application at 9 Rodger Avenue Leabrook SA 5068

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts