Planning application at 94 Nicholson Street, Brunswick East VIC 3057

Mark Simpson sent a message to Natalie Abboud.

To
Natalie Abboud
From
Mark Simpson
Subject
Planning application at 94 Nicholson Street, Brunswick East VIC 3057
Date
Dec. 21, 2017, 1:05 a.m.
Good luck with this Matthew, I really feel for you there. Unfortunately it seems the council don't actually care about what's going on with these developments on Nicholson Street. After one was completed two doors from me I submitted a notice to council that the development did not adhere to the plans that had been approved. After some months of repeatedly following this up with very little council interest in the matter, the developer finally returned to plant some olive trees. That's it! No mention of the wrong materials being used, overlooking windows not being screened, heights not matching plans... what can you do when the planning authority doesn't ensure that the plans mean anything?

Unfortunately after 11 years of living on Nicholson Street I've moved out of the suburb, we just couldn't deal with living in a permanent building site any more. It's really getting done over at the moment and it seems that the council are not at all interested in those of us who were already there or making sure that the suburb isn't completely overrun with developers whose only interest is maximising profits.

From Mark Simpson to local councillor Natalie Abboud

=========================================================================

Mark Simpson posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Mark Simpson and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for 94 Nicholson Street, Brunswick East VIC 3057

Description: Construction of a five storey building comprising of 102 dwellings and a reduction in the standard rate of car parking

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/907857?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts

Future replies will be published here.

´╗┐