Planning application at Hardimans Hotel 521-535 Macaulay Road Kensington VIC 3031

Rick Richards sent a message to Rohan Leppert.

To
Rohan Leppert
From
Rick Richards
Subject
Planning application at Hardimans Hotel 521-535 Macaulay Road Kensington VIC 3031
Date
Aug. 14, 2016, 11:39 a.m.
Dear Rohan,

Appreciate your dedication to your constituents over the weekend.
Obviously there is some conjecture flying around in the absence of information so thought I would take the time to provide you with some more detailed information until you have the opportunity to view the drawings yourself.

The current proposal is to maintain the ground floor and first floor as the pub. The current area to the rear which is not utilised, just storage, shady beer garden and lean-to toiles is to be developed into a well-considered infill development of standalone townhouses, not apartments.

The development of this unused parcel of land will enable me to repair the existing pub and maintain its viability into the future ensuring it lives into the future and not be sold off to developers.
I have run and lived in the pub for 19 years and of all people could think of nothing more heartbreaking than seeing it turned into another development.

In addition to this I am proposing a single apartment above the ridgeline for myself.

As you may or may not be aware of Hardimans is in dire need of some serious repairs that can no longer be fixed with a band aid solution. This proposal is a commercial venture which sole purpose is to ensures the future of the pub. I therefore feel our goals, the local residents and councils are all in parallel and hopefully can garnish your support to ensure the heritage fabric of Kensington is maintained not just for the foreseeable time but well into the future.

Rick Richards
Hardimans Hotel

From Rick Richards to local councillor Rohan Leppert

=========================================================================

Rick Richards posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Rick Richards and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for Hardimans Hotel 521-535 Macaulay Road Kensington VIC 3031

Description: Proposed change of use to residential, alterations to property to allow 3 townhouses and penthouse apartment

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/703237?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Rohan Leppert
Date
Aug. 15, 2016, 12:44 a.m.
Thanks for all of this information, Rick.
Always difficult to discern plans from the one sentence description pre-formal advertisement of an application as you say. Look forward to seeing the plans.
All the best
Rohan

Sent from my iPhone
This email is intended solely for the named addressee.
If you are not the addressee indicated please delete it immediately.
´╗┐