Planning application at Soldiers Memorial Hall 14 Station Road St Leonards TAS 7250

Greg Morrison sent a message to Robin McKendrick.

To
Robin McKendrick
From
Greg Morrison
Subject
Planning application at Soldiers Memorial Hall 14 Station Road St Leonards TAS 7250
Date
Oct. 9, 2016, 12:02 p.m.
I believe the Hall should remain as it is - a memorial to World War 1 soldiers. Should it be converted to a school this memorial will be lost for all time. The front contains names of families of long time residents who have since passed. This memorial should not be removed just because their families have long passed. Although the Hall is probably under utilised at the moment it should not be a reason to exclude those that use it now.
The grounds also include a small playground that is used by many because it is fenced off and is very safe for small children. I am sure there is a far more appropriate area to locate the school - perhaps somewhere within the area where the athletics track is situated. Parking is another problem as it is a very busy area during the start and end of school days.It is also surrounded by residential properties which I consider not appropriate for a school use.

From Greg Morrison to local councillor Robin McKendrick

=========================================================================

Greg Morrison posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Greg Morrison and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for Soldiers Memorial Hall 14 Station Road St Leonards TAS 7250

Description: Educational and Occasional Care - primary school; change of use of existing building to a kindergarten and primary school; construction of three demountable classrooms to be used in association with the school use; signage

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/723268?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Robin McKendrick
Date
Oct. 9, 2016, 9:22 p.m.
Thanks for your E/Mail and comments Robin McKendrick
´╗┐