Planning application at The Quiet Man Hotel 265-271 Racecourse Road Kensington VIC 3031

andrea Leugh sent a message to Rohan Leppert.

To
Rohan Leppert
From
andrea Leugh
Subject
Planning application at The Quiet Man Hotel 265-271 Racecourse Road Kensington VIC 3031
Date
Sept. 22, 2016, 11:11 a.m.
I am happy enough for the existing building to be converted into apartments, but please, please, please don't grant a permit for yet another block of shoddy, badly designed apartments with the architectural merits of a week old dog turd. The Stockyards and the new Racecourse development should have more than enough useless, ugly, badly built eyesores to satisfy the market for the next 100 years!

From andrea Leugh to local councillor Rohan Leppert

=========================================================================

andrea Leugh posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to andrea Leugh and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for The Quiet Man Hotel 265-271 Racecourse Road Kensington VIC 3031

Description: Proposed use and development of a multi level residential building with basement carparking

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/719997?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Rohan Leppert
Date
Sept. 26, 2016, 3:56 a.m.
Thanks Andrea,

I haven't received the plans yet, so there is quite a way to go on this one. Thanks for your email, I agree that the overabundance of badly designed apartments is a significant problem in the inner suburbs. (By the way, the Racecourse development hasn't been approved yet; the Minister should not have let the podium-and-towers proposal proceed to planning panel stage, but hopefully he will see reason and send the VRC back to the drawing board.) As far as the Quiet Man is concerned - and it's my local so I understand its value to our community - while the zone certainly allows for apartment conversions, Council needs to push for a high quality outcome whatever is proposed. I'll certainly keep close tabs on the application and its progress.

All the best,
Rohan

Cr Rohan Leppert

Arts and Culture portfolio Chair
Planning portfolio Deputy Chair
City of Melbourne
´╗┐