Planning application at Waverley College 137-139 Birrell Street Waverley NSW 2024

Tamera Lang sent a message to Tony Kay.

To
Tony Kay
From
Tamera Lang
Subject
Planning application at Waverley College 137-139 Birrell Street Waverley NSW 2024
Date
May 8, 2017, 11:53 p.m.
A few points of concern about this major DA.

1. Why are Salisbury St residents left off the notification list of this DA? The works will be conducted less than 15 metres from the front boundary of our properties.

2. The details of the works proposed to the college’s Salisbury St fencing are inadequately disclosed. The architect drawings for this section of the site are missing from the DA. It is only when reading parts of the Heritage documentations that I found their proposal for Salisbury St. It seems a deliberate move to keep us unaware of their plans (and possibly the reason why council hasn’t formally notified us of the DA?)

3. Disclosures/notifications aside - what they are proposing is hideous, and not keeping with the aesthetics of a heritage school. The fence will be more than 3m tall. The style of fencing is more akin to a correctional facility. I believe it’s unnecessary, as the school is already fenced on the Salisbury St side (to a height of approx 1.8m) and is already inaccessible. If the college is concerned about students jumping from the College to the street - why can't they be told to keep out of the gardens and not jump the fence?

4. Finally - Waverley College rebuilt the whole Salisbury St fence less than 2 years ago, as part of another DA. Why are they trying to sneak through more works, which will once again majorly disrupt residents of Salisbury St in terms of noise, dust and access.

From Tamera Lang to local councillor Tony Kay

=========================================================================

Tamera Lang posted this message to you on PlanningAlerts in response to the following planning application.

Your reply, and any other response to this email, will be sent to Tamera Lang and posted on the PlanningAlerts website publicly.

Planning Application for Waverley College 137-139 Birrell Street Waverley NSW 2024

Description: New boundary fencing to Waverley College

Read more and see what others have to say here:
https://www.planningalerts.org.au/applications/803994?utm_campaign=view-application&utm_medium=email&utm_source=councillor-notifications

Best wishes,

PlanningAlerts
From
Tony Kay
Date
May 9, 2017, 4:54 a.m.
Hello Tamera,

I am currently overseas, and so will ask Cr Mouroukas (copied into this email) to respond to you.

I understand the Mayor Cr Sally Betts has already asked for an investigation into the lack of DA notification.

Best regards,
Tony